Anthem Exhibit Available
- Our exhibit Banner Moments: The National Anthem in American Life is available for free to present in your library, school, or museum. We will provide all imagery for you to print and mount in your exhibit space. Click here for more info.
Songbook Published!Our collection of sheet music telling the story of "The Star-Spangled Banner" from its roots as an English musicians' club song through new arrangements done in honor of the song's bicentennial is NOW AVAILABLE. Click the image for more information or go directly to our page on Lulu.com to purchase your own copy.
Top Posts & Pages
- Abolitionist Star Spangled Banner —”Oh Say, Do You Hear?” (1844)
- Spangled Mythconception #8: Igor Stravinsky’s Mug Shot & “Illegal” Anthem
- You May Have Been Illegally Singing the National Anthem Your Whole Life
- Star Spangled Songbook Hardback Edition Published
- Star Spangled Music Day—Wed. Sept. 14, 2016
Follow @SpangledMusicMy Tweets
Tag Cloud200th Birthday African American History American Anacreon Tune angel island AP US History Baltimore Band Music banner moments Choral Music Cirriculum composition culture Dance English Language Arts English Language Ats Flag House Ft. McHenry Grace Wisher History immigrant Information Literacy K-3 language Library Mary Pickersgill multicultural NEH Political Parties Primary Source Project RaiseItUp Regional Identities Research Social Studies star spangled banner summer teacher institute Theater Arts translation US Visual Art
Category Archives: NEH
Everyday is “The Star-Spangled Banner” Day! Vocal Music Grades 4-6 by Kaii Lee Irvine Unified School District, CA Every teacher can use “The Star-Spangled Banner” as a teaching tool to teach music in elementary school classes. Goals and Objectives Read, … Continue reading →
The Star Spangled Banner Echoed in the Literature and Music of the Harlem Renaissance Music/Library Science Grade Levels (9, 10) Julia Loving, School Media Specialist Pelham Preparatory Academy Description Using print and non-print resources available in the school library, students … Continue reading →
OVERVIEW by Mary L.Vincent – Monroe Public Schools This lesson series is a compilation of 5 short videos lessons (each approximately 6 minutes long) that help students rehearse singing “The Star-Spangled Banner.” The videos integrate relevant locations and historical perspectives related … Continue reading →
The Music of Poetry: Decoded Primary Subject – Language Arts Secondary Subject – Social Studies Grade Level (5th) by Janet H. Berry, Celeste Henkel Elementary, Iredell-Statesville Schools, North Carolina Unit Overview: Three lessons using poetry of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882), … Continue reading →